Happy Monday!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Hello helloooooooo! I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. It took me a couple days to get used to actually wanting to read and blog, but now I'm back in action! I'm currently reading something that'll come off a litttle strange, since I'm reading it for fun (technically), so I wanted to explain.
My current WIP is an alternative historical fiction with some fantasy elements. I told myself that I would never write a story based on actual history events, and yet here I am, doing just that. It's scary! I thought for sure if I were to ever write something, it would be high fantasy, since I can just create my own world and culture and not need to reference anything and make sure I have my history correct. But NOPE. MY BRAIN AND IMAGINATION DECIDED TO BE DIFFICULT AND HERE I AM, TRYING TO TACKLE UNDERSTANDING ADOLF HITLER AND THE HOLOCAUST. *sighs deeply* Lucky for me, I like history and don't mind reading about it. Since I'm still in the beginning stages of developing my story, and don't want to tell you something that I could possible take out at a later date, I'll give you the two things that inspired me: The 2015 adaption of The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin.

Read Last Week
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella


Currently Reading
War and Genocide: A Concise History of the Holocaust by Doris L. Bergen

To-Read
In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson


Happy readings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment