Happy Monday! And yes, I'm alive!!

Monday, February 22, 2016

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS. Remember when I read books and blogged about them, and also posted on Instagram?? Yeah?? Because I don't. I've hit the mother-of-all book slumps, and it is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Not only is it a book slump, but it's also a blog slump. I don't want to read or blog about anything. I haven't even checked blogger since my last post. I'm so sorry, you guys! I surprisingly still had some views while I was gone, so at least I know y'all haven't completely ditched me.
I think the slump is finally coming to an end though, because here I am, blogging.

HALLELUJAH

I also will be starting A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE by Brittany Cavallaro today! I don't read much mystery, so I'm very excited to start reading this. I'm visiting my friend at UCLA this weekend, so I plan on listening to at least one audiobook on the way there as well. Two would be fantastic, but I won't get my hopes up. Maybe I can salvage my February TBR after all? As for TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard, which was the poor book that I had been trying and failing to read during my slump, I stopped and put it aside for now. I only have maybe 100-150 pages left in it, so hopefully I can pick it up and finish it soon! It'll probably be 3.5 stars, since it started out really great, but lost its pace and purpose for me. All the politics and different types of witches (like the Carawen Monks and the Cahr Awen) got really confusing in the last half of the story and I wish things had been more cleared up. Maybe it will in the last quarter of the book! Let me know if you enjoyed TRUTHWITCH or A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE down in the comments! 
So, to recap:
  • I was in a horrible, life-ending slump for the past two weeks. TRUTHWITCH was the only casualty, which I hope to pick up again soon! 
  • I'M OUT OF THE SLUMP, YAY!
  • I'm starting A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE by Brittany Cavallaro today.

Happy readings :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been in a bit of a reading and blogging slump, too. (Glass Sword was my casualty.) But I am slowly but surely making my way back. I hope you like A Study In Charlotte! I'm excited to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I remember thinking, "Oh my god, I actually want to read." and raced over and started doing it. I'm glad you felt the same way and hope you get out of your slump soon!

      Delete