Underhyped Recommendation: The Unearthly trilogy

Friday, July 10, 2015

So, since I was in a book slump all last week and these last couple of days (it's finally gone, praise the lawd!), I've been severely neglecting my blog with fresh content. So I was trying to think of something to post and finally thought that I would make a list of my favorite underhyped books! Or maybe even do a weekly/ monthly feature of them. Anything to show some love for my favorite not-so-popular books :)

And once I'm finally reunited with my beautiful books, I'll feature some more prettier picture of them, but for now we'll just have to deal with collaged pictures. T-minus one month until I have them EEEEP<3

The Unearthly trilogy by Cynthia Hand

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees...
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

This is a trilogy I look fondly at because, besides my annoyance at a character, I liked it in every aspect. The plot, characters, pace, drama, love interests, and the writing. It was just... good. Plus, the ending surprised me in the best way possible. I usually have issues with endings and just am never really satisfied with them (unless we're talking about Ignite Me). It's not my favorite, but it's definitely high up there as being a solid trilogy. And I was wowed that it was Hand's debut series. And I know that summary makes the love triangle seem really sappy and weird, like she's going to fall for both the angel and the devil ooooooOOOHHHH IRONIC CAUSE HELLO SHES PART ANGEL, but it's not. It's really well developed and sweet and so NOT what you expect. I loved it, and this book opened my eyes to the beauty of Wyoming as well. If you like reading about angels, or want to start, this is the perfect place to begin! 

(Pictures and summary from Goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment